Re: Basic Authentication Not Working on Domain - Please Help

From: Paul Lynch (paul.lynch@ntlworld.com)
Date: 09/06/02

From: Paul Lynch <paul.lynch@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:53:34 +0100

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:27:10 -0700, "Tyler Pease"
<tpease@compliance***nospammy***servicesTakethisout.comDon'tsenduscrap>
wrote:

>I had this problem in the past and never could figure it out so I made my
>webserver a stand alone computer with no domain membership. This is on a
>windows 2000 network. In this instance basic authentication for my webpages
>works great. However, if I make the server a domain conrtroller or make it
>a member of an existing domain, basic authentication continues to pop up in
>my web browser and acts like I'm typing the user name in wrong. Based on my
>understanding of Windows 2000 the only thing that I should need is to allow
>them logon local permissions. I've given the users this and can log on to
>the server itself with their accounts yet IIS won't let them into webpages.
>Windows authentication does work though. Please help me, I had this
>working a long time ago but sence rebuilding my server I can't get it to go.
>I've tried it on multiple machines and just can't get basic authentication
>to work when the server is on a domain.

Set the DefaultLogonDomain property to the new domain.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q168908&

HTH,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Basic Authentication Not Working on Domain - Please Help
    ... names and passwords by logging into windows. ... In this instance basic authentication for my ... if I make the server a domain conrtroller or make ... webpages. ...
  • Re: Basic Authentication Not Working on Domain - Please Help
    ... >>windows 2000 network. ... In this instance basic authentication for my ... if I make the server a domain conrtroller or make ... webpages. ...
  • Basic Authentication Not Working on Domain - Please Help
    ... webserver a stand alone computer with no domain membership. ... windows 2000 network. ... In this instance basic authentication for my webpages ... the server itself with their accounts yet IIS won't let them into webpages. ...
  • OWA Authentication problem
    ... I made sure that only basic authentication is checked ... Half of my users use Linux and the other half Win 2000. ... server, I saw that Integrated Windows Authentication is checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: OWA not authenticating
    ... PSS is Microsoft Product Support Services. ... >> You don't need to worry about letting the BE server know. ... >> information isn't used with Basic authentication anyways. ... >>> MS Server active sync - Basic Authentication (Passwords sent in clear ...