RE: Error: Access is Denied.

From: Tim Greene (TimGreene@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/06/02

From: TimGreene@online.microsoft.com (Tim Greene)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:50:16 GMT

Just based off that information, it sounds like your anonymous account
doesn't have access to the site. You may want to verify the correct
permissions in order for IIS to work properly:

Minimum NTFS Permissions Required for IIS 5.0 to Work
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q271/0/71.asp

Sincerely,

Tim Greene MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I
IIS Newsgroup Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

If you would like to open a support incident with Microsoft, call
1-800-936-5800

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. © 2001 Microsoft Corporation.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: no OWA
    ... have the correct permissions was the "inetpub" folder. ... Correct the settings in IIS: ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Minimum NTFS Permissions - Theres such a thing???
    ... ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. ... HOW TO: Set Minimum NTFS Permissions Required for IIS 5.0 to Work WGID:198 ... " List Folder Contents" ...
  • Re: FTP control
    ... > I would like to use NTFS security settings to control who ... I would suggest getting a third party FTP server, ... if you set quota and these permissions for that group you can ... Information Server (IIS) Web site, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Minimum NTFS Permissions - Theres such a thing???
    ... ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. ... > permissions that you must have to run Internet Information Services ... > third-party applications in an IIS 5.0 environment. ... Open the properties for the %systemroot%\Winnt folder, ...
  • Re: Digest Authentication
    ... It sounds like IIS is having problems impersonating the IUSR account, ... In IIS, you do not need Script Source or Write permissions unless you ... But the Digest authentication for windows domain is ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)