Problem with patch Q326886

From: Bob (willegal@yahoo.com)
Date: 09/04/02

From: "Bob" <willegal@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 06:57:49 -0700

Last thursday I applied Q326886 to my Win2k-AdvServer SP3.
I then noticed that all areas of my website that do not
include the IUSR_CompName user no longer allow users to
login. The authenticiation box appears, but it does not
all full client connect when the correct uname/pass is
given. Once I removed the patch everything is fine
and all users can login to this special section.

Has anyone else seen this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help with Managing my web site
    ... I am designing a website. ... Each person will have a different login and ... "Mike Koewler" wrote: ... drives crash. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... If I enter the IP address and then /webblaze, I am taken to a login page ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Force Relogin. IIS6, ASP.NET app, IE6+ browser
    ... now it appears you are suggesting I either write a custom authentication ... not prompt with a login dialog. ... The problem you face is that a browser will automatically attempt ... If you can control the browsers to not auto-login to your website, ...
  • Re: New Commodore Online Web Portal!
    ... this is not a centralized set of links... ... opinion on something you have absolutely no clue about. ... >There's also the "centralized forum login" issue. ... I will not bother proxying your content through the website ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... If I enter the IP address and then /webblaze, I am taken to a login page ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)