Re: VisualInterDev (IIS?)

From: Ken Schaefer (kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 09/04/02

From: "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:45:27 +1000

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer

(you can also right click on the Task Bar, choose Properties, Start Menu,
and choose to have Administrative Tools displayed as a program group - makes
it easier to get to)

Cheers
Ken

"Michael S Davidson" <mdavidson@keytraining.com> wrote in message
> No.  Can you tell me what the name of the Windows Event Log is and where
> find it?
>

> "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> > Did you look in the Windows Event Log?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ken
> >
> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > "Michael Davidson" <mdavidson@keytraining.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to "Release Working Copy" of my website to publish out to
> > another
> > > server I get the following message:.
> > >
> > > I am using Visual Studio 6.0.   If you can help, after reading this
> post,
> > > please add as much detail as possible.  I am new to setting up server
> > stuff.
> > > I am using Windows XP Pro on the PC with VS6.0 sp5  installed.
> > >
> > > I can do a "Get Working Copy" but can't release it back to the master
> web
> > > without getting this message.  The funny thing is that sometimes it
> seems
> > > update some files but not all of them.  Maybe it is only having
trouble
> > with
> > > changed files.
> > >
> > > I am unable to Release Working Copy to my master web.  I get the
> following
> > > messsage:
> > > ------------
> > > Unable to update the file 'C:\WEBS\MYWEB\MYWEB_LOCAL\Header.htm'.
> Server
> > > Error:  An error occured accessing your FrontPage web files.
 Authors -
> If
> > > authoring against a web server, please contact the webmaster for this
> > > server's site.  Webmasters - please see the server's system log for
more
> > > details.
> > >
> > > I do not have FrontPage installed on this PC.  But, I have installed
> > FP2000
> > > server extensions.  I would install FP2002 but the Microsoft website
is
> > > fouled up at the moment and I can't get an Engish version of FP2002
> Server
> > > Extensions.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any assistance.
> > >
> > > Michael

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem pulling up secure web sites
    ... this server is also running Exchange 2K3 with SP2. ... Netstat -an shows the service is running on the correct port. ... There are two other secure web sites that are running fine on this machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Integrated windows security HTTP500 error
    ... Please look in the Windows Event Log and/or httperr.log files to find out why the server is unable to service the request. ... - accessing the website from a PC within the network, ...
  • Re: SPS restore issue
    ... WSS 2.0 SP2 and SQL Server 2005 Standard. ... Backing up using (SPS Data Backup and Restore) seems to work without any ... see the Microsoft Windows Event Log on that server. ...
  • Re: VisualInterDev (IIS?)
    ... No. Can you tell me what the name of the Windows Event Log is and where to ... >> server I get the following message:. ... >> server extensions. ... I would install FP2002 but the Microsoft website is ...
  • Re: SPS restore issue
    ... should test using SQL Server 2000 as well, ... Backing up using (SPS Data Backup and Restore) seems to work without any ... see the Microsoft Windows Event Log on that server. ...