Re: IIS 4.0 SMTP-service Unable to send mail

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 09/03/02

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:41:16 +0800

Add TCP 53 - IIS SMTP use tcp dns query to resolve mx records.
if you specify IP [x.x.x.x] in 'smart host' properties, you don't need this.

Rgds.

"Jan Sonnemans" <j.sonnemans@greenpages.nl> wrote in message
> Securing a webserver with only IIS and SMTP using
> MS-security checklist I configured the only network-adapter
>
> Enabled security: CHECKED
>
> PORTS
> -----
> TCP/IP: 25, 80
> UDP: none
> IP protocols: 6
>
> I restarted the PC and everything is secured except that
> SMTP outgoing mail doesn't work.
>
> When I 'Enabled security' UNCHECK and reboot, SMTP does
> function normally, but the webserver again is unsafe.
>
> Doen anybody recognize this problem and has a solution for
> me?
>
> Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • IIS 4.0 SMTP-service Unable to send mail
    ... UDP: none ... SMTP outgoing mail doesn't work. ... When I 'Enabled security' UNCHECK and reboot, ... but the webserver again is unsafe. ...
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... A Webserver at a hosting site ... A Webserver rented to the client at the client's site. ... security system, to see what ... the street and my server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... A Webserver at a hosting site ... technology enclosure, the network cable coming out is a huge security ... if I have physical access, I don't need to worry opening the box to steal anything in it, ... server, everything is vulnerable, and it is up to you to ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Gallery 1.3.3
    ... I am forwarding this response from the Author of Gallery who posted ... Recently there was a post on BugTraq, that referred to a security hole ... was refers to is the fact that on a shared webserver it's possible for ... webserver is managing data for you via a web interface and your ISP ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... A Webserver at a hosting site ... groups when I was helping a client develop a new software security system, ... Firewalls implemented using conventional operating systems ... the street and my server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)