Re: VisualInterDev (IIS?)

From: Ken Schaefer (kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 09/03/02

From: "Ken Schaefer" <kenRMV@THISadOpenStatic.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:17:12 +1000

Did you look in the Windows Event Log?

Cheers
Ken

"Michael Davidson" <mdavidson@keytraining.com> wrote in message
news:#DhkAGsUCHA.2716@tkmsftngp12...
> When I try to "Release Working Copy" of my website to publish out to
another
> server I get the following message:.
>
> I am using Visual Studio 6.0.   If you can help, after reading this post,
> please add as much detail as possible.  I am new to setting up server
stuff.
> I am using Windows XP Pro on the PC with VS6.0 sp5  installed.
>
> I can do a "Get Working Copy" but can't release it back to the master web
> without getting this message.  The funny thing is that sometimes it seems
> update some files but not all of them.  Maybe it is only having trouble
with
> changed files.
>
> I am unable to Release Working Copy to my master web.  I get the following
> messsage:
> ------------
> Unable to update the file 'C:\WEBS\MYWEB\MYWEB_LOCAL\Header.htm'.  Server
> Error:  An error occured accessing your FrontPage web files.  Authors - If
> authoring against a web server, please contact the webmaster for this
> server's site.  Webmasters - please see the server's system log for more
> details.
>
> I do not have FrontPage installed on this PC.  But, I have installed
FP2000
> server extensions.  I would install FP2002 but the Microsoft website is
> fouled up at the moment and I can't get an Engish version of FP2002 Server
> Extensions.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Michael

Relevant Pages

  • FPSE 2003: Site Admin Login Refused
    ... In this example I am extending server extensions to the example domain: ... install extensions on. ... It appears that I am successfully installing FPSE on the website as I am ... I get a normal login prompt. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Vista, VS2005, ie.. 6?
    ... Thanks for the info on the vpc thing. ... I can't access the ASP.NET Development Server if I try my machine name or IP ... Okay, I've been developing a website in Visual Studio 2005, using the built ... you can't install IE6 on Vista, ...
  • Re: Cant run cgi scripts
    ... check out my new website: ... "John Cesta" wrote in message ... I answered all the questions during the install. ... >>.pl script from any web dir on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: sharepoint on 2003 server with exchange
    ... If you install WSS on the Exchange server, make sure not to upgrade the ... default website to WSS. ...
  • Re: OWA and STS
    ... we need to remove SharePoint completly using the steps ... Intranet, verify "stsflt" ISAPI filter is removed from the Default Website, ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click Change/Remove. ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)