Re: IIS 5.0 W2K SP 3

From: THE SAINT (nozpam_screspo@cpcipc.org)
Date: 08/29/02

From: "THE SAINT" <nozpam_screspo@cpcipc.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:48:56 -0300

you can also use the cnet catchup service, it's a bit annoying, but works
pretty good
catchup.cnet.com

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/tools/tools
> /hfnetchk.asp
>
> The MSBA is available here (it provides a GUI to HFNetChk):

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/tools/tools
> /mbsahome.asp?frame=true
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> "Definitely Not Me" <rerickspetts3am.mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > I'm confused about updating IIS security in this situation. When I go to
> the
> > Microsoft IIS security pages I see for example April 2002 applies to W2k
> > professional but then at bottom it refers to PRE-SP3
> >
> > What security patches / hotfixes should be applied to IIS 5.0 W2K SP 3
??
> > Microsoft's documentation leaves me chasing my tail (pant, pant). One
big
> > vicious circle.
> >
> > After installing SP3 (and being new to the IIS world) I REMOVED IIS then
> > Reinstalled it. I don't know if this would have any affect or not.
Windows
> > Update says there are no updates required.
> > I don't think it checks IIS ...
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> > Bob R.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error Reinstalling Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003
    ... originally at, or a problem with IIS. ... Exchange system and installing a BES server. ... Offline Address List and thus decided to reinstall. ... but after a cancel it proceeds and finishes the install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error Reinstalling Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003
    ... originally at, or a problem with IIS. ... Exchange system and installing a BES server. ... Offline Address List and thus decided to reinstall. ... install I got an error about the IIS Store not registering correctly, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error Reinstalling Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003
    ... originally at, or a problem with IIS. ... Exchange system and installing a BES server. ... Offline Address List and thus decided to reinstall. ... install I got an error about the IIS Store not registering ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error Reinstalling Exchange 2003 on Small Business Server 2003
    ... originally at, or a problem with IIS. ... Exchange system and installing a BES server. ... Offline Address List and thus decided to reinstall. ... install I got an error about the IIS Store not registering ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IIS 5.0 W2K SP 3
    ... Don't uninstall elements of your Windows setup, ... When you reinstall, ... Since you installed IIS again after you installed SP3, ... > Update says there are no updates required. ...