RE: don't want "Enter Network Password" to come up when viewing a Word document

From: Lisa Cozzens (lcozzensonline@microsoft.com)
Date: 08/29/02

From: lcozzensonline@microsoft.com (Lisa Cozzens)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:46:34 GMT

Check out this KB article:

Q225234 OFF2000: Password Prompt Opening or Following a Hyperlink
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q225234

Unfortunately, it's a client-side problem, so there may not be anything you
can do from the IIS side.

Hope this helps,
Lisa

--------------------
> From: "Cory" <cdingels@egroupnet.com>
> Sender: "Cory" <cdingels@egroupnet.com>
> Subject: don't want "Enter Network Password" to come up when viewing a
Word document
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:44:36 -0700
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security
>
> i have a word document that i want people to be able to
> download and print off. when they click the link to it,
> a box comes up asking them to enter their authentication
> information. they can hit cancel and see the document
> fine, but i'd like that box not to show up. how do i do
> this?

-----
Have you installed the cumulative security patch for IIS?
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-018.asp

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: word webpages
    ... When Microsoft first included the ... HTML simply isn't powerful enough to describe a Word document. ... or maybe 1 to 10 pages carefully crafted in DreamWeaver. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • BUG: Word 2003 flashing taskbar when KB954464 installed with IE7
    ... Microsoft update that we've received from our WSUS Server. ... I mean that with Internet Explorer 6 the behaviour was as expected i.e ... Winword instance with the 1st document, clicking on the 2nd Word document in ... Now in the Internet Explorer window click on the second word document listed. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Reliable way to find the preceding paragraph of a particular style in Word XML?
    ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... |> I understand that you will create winform application, and you will host ... |> word document inside the form. ... |> a macro, so that you will know the automation code about how to use Word ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.office.sdks)
  • Re: Unable to "Save As" WordPerfect
    ... Cannot Save As WP or other file formats. ... "Name"="Pocket Word Document" ... "Name"="WordPerfect 5.1 or 5.2 Secondary File" ... > You can contact Microsoft to complain. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: a window"File conversion" pop up in Word Docu. unable to read,
    ... I guess if we knew exactly how/why files become corrupted, then Microsoft could fix Word and keep it from happening. ... Herb Tyson MS MVP ... Please respond in the newsgroups so everyone can follow along. ... Im sure its a word document but now im starting to think its corrupted. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)