ASP Script access to Folders - a violation

From: Simon (simon.goh@non.hp.com)
Date: 08/26/02

From: "Simon" <simon.goh@non.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:27:00 -0700

Hi,

I got a security problem which i hope someone out there
can offer me some advice.

I have got a web folder under NTFS partition. Currently I
have an ASP script that is reading some file and folders
of that web folder. I have give only Administrator and
System account full access to folders which I do not allow
anonymous access. However, anonymous users can still
access the script to read into those restricted folders
via the browser over the intranet network. If i remove the
Administrator rights, then the browser will not be able to
access showing ASP error at the line where the folders are
accessed.

Can anybody tell me what the problem could be??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Simon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.Net Security Problems.
    ... the webroot is on ... That would lead me to believe that the OS folders that you mentioned have ... the correct permissions?? ... >>I've been able to narrow it down to a security problem ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Server 2003 - Creating a single folder security log
    ... I'm trying to solve a tough security problem. ... up a series of restricted access folders in our network. ...
  • Public Folders are missing in Outlook 2003 cached modus
    ... I cannot see the pulic folders in my ... Outlook 2003 installation on my machine. ... It is not a security problem, ... deleted and created the Outlook profiles. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Saving Yad Vashem POTs on your computer
    ... To save a link to a page of testimony, every browser can "bookmark" the page. ... add folders ... The only complication that I've had with using the Yad Vashem site is that the ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Re: OT: Looking for Newsreader that does email
    ... I've been using the Opera browser for a few years, wich has e-mail en newsreader facilities, besides being a very fast and lightweight browser. ... My favourite graphical mailreader so far is Mail for OS X, ... Do you mean you'd reorganize the accounts in the left bar according to your own set of priorities (which I can understand, things like "only alphabetical" sorting of folders can be annoying)? ... I have found that I really like the filter setup on Thunderbird, I've got a multitude of folders set up, with filters throwing my messages right to the correct folder. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)