Re: Access Denied in IIS

From: David Chase (dlchase@lifetimeinc.com)
Date: 08/09/02

From: "David Chase" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:05:00 -0500

I think you need full permissions (e.g. write) to open Access databases.
Maybe IIS web overrides the std folders.

"Dr Hapgood" <drhapgood@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> PS. Authentication method is Basic, but I have tried Anon and Integrated !
>
> "Dr Hapgood" <drhapgood@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am an administrator on an NT4 network and I am having problems with my
> IIS
> > and NT4 Server permissions.
> >
> > The problem is this:
> >
> > I have a Website with a virtual directory, in the virtual directory, I
> have
> > a database and some asp pages. On the directory permissions are Read and
> > Script the default IIS settings.
> >
> > I have run the IIS resource kit with the permission check htm page and
the
> > results say I have permission on all the files, I am a Domain Admin and
> > Domain Admins have log on locally plus I have added every single
possible
> > permission/group/user necessary to stop me not even having the remotest
> > possibility of not being able to get at it. the file is not read only,
it
> is
> > an access database and also I have Access installed on the said server.
> >
> > My problem is this, I have Dreamweaver Ultradev on my PC and when I put
my
> > connection script in (on my PC) to connect to database on the server and
> > click test , I get the error message "Access Denied"
> >
> > I am using the radio button of use driver on the server
> >
> > This is crazy I have all access going, but I am pulling my hair out, can
> > anyone
> >
> > I have tried it using a system DSN I set up on the server but get same
> error
> > message when I try to connect !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Permission Problems SBS2003 R1
    ... website on the SBS server? ... Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0 ... Step 3: Please check the permissions in IIS manager: ... Step 4: Re-running CEICW on SBS server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003/member Web Server and ISUR access
    ... NTFS permissions for the directories and files ... the IIS content directories have the following permissions. ... Server Extensions, ASPNET, SQL Server and other software is installed. ... The IUSR_MachineName account has the following permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Virtual Directory - Permission Denied with fso CopyFile
    ... TestUser (normal user account with same credentials on all machines). ... I logged into the IIS server as vdirUser and simply typed ... open and I had read and write permissions to the share. ... I logged off and back into the IIS server as the administrator and deleted ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • IIS & ASP security advice
    ... I have a user who has requested special permissions on my IIS 5.0 server. ... that they do but IIS does not allow this to happen unless an ASP script is ...
  • Re: Virtual Directory - Permission Denied with fso CopyFile
    ... I created a share on a remote server (remote to the IIS server). ... reviewing it's sharing permissions and security tab permissions "everyone" ... the local machine administrator account in both cases. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)