Get Client Certificate on non-English System Locale Server

From: JH Shao (jhshao@hotpop.com)
Date: 08/08/02

From: "JH Shao" <jhshao@hotpop.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:41:14 -0700

Hi, All,

Have you tried to get a client certificate with IIS
running on a non-English System Locale Server?

As you know, we can get a client certificate in ASP with

   Request.ClientCertificate("Certificate")

When the server's (Windows 2000 Professional) system
locale is set to English, there is no problem to get the
client certificate. After that, I use base64 to encode it
and send the encoded text to our own security server for
verification. Everything works fine.

Then, the same server's system locale is set to Chinese.
It turns out the same client certificate is no longer
valid.

The problem is because the binary certificate returned by
the above API is about 30% different from that when the
system locale is English. After converting the unicode
characters to ASCII characters, the certificate is still
10% different from the first one.

Does IIS support non-English system locale for the above
API call? Or must IIS run on English platform for this?

Please advise. Thanks!

JH

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS 6.0 cannot download a Verisign CRL !!
    ... Does the IIS server have outbound permission through its proxy? ... > using Verisign client certificates for a .NET application. ... > The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the ... > Your client certificate was revoked, or the revocation status could not ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Set client certificate is IIS
    ... Install Client Certificate on IIS Server for ServerXMLHTTP ... |>This example uses a serialized certficate store because ...
  • RE: HTTPS Send Port + Client Certificate Authentication
    ... errors defined in IIS are: ... - Client certificate required. ... This error code is specific to IIS 6.0. ... If the web server is IIS6 on Win2K3, you can collect the web site's ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Locales & IIS5.0
    ... Now, the System locale is set to United Kingdom, and the ... Locale for the administrator user is set to United Kingdom ... If I run IIS using the Administrator user as the account ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Programming a certificate handshake for IIS in VB.NET and ASP.NET
    ... running WebMethods and our site running IIS. ... When we set an IIS ... setting to "Ignore client certificate" or "Accept Client ...