Re: SSL, domain name limit

From: BB (Bernard_at_3exp.com)
Date: 08/07/02

From: "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:55:03 +0800

Cheers Paul.

I would guess, it must be quite expensive huh !
Rgds.
"Paul Lynch" <paul.lynch@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:32:10 +0800, "BB" <Bernard_at_3exp.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, setup *.domain.com in DNS and configure to IIS to work are fine.
> >I tested on a thawte test cert...... also work fine.
> >
> >The question is . Do CA like Thawte and Verisign accept *.domain.com
when
> >the generate the cert ?
> >
> >Rgds.
>
> Yes they do, but they do it on a case by case basis. You can't buy a
> wildcard cert off the shelf you have to apply for one.
> http://www.verisign.com/isp/rsc/downloads/isp-lsc.pdf
>
> Paul Lynch
> MCSE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Domain
    ... Paul I will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes. ... DC again for the new domain tree under the existing forest. ... "The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup ... same dns server within your primary dns server in your original ...
  • Re: New Domain
    ... DC again for the new domain tree under the existing forest. ... browse via unc with no problem - Paul thanks. ... "The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup ... same dns server within your primary dns server in your original domain ...
  • Re: Dns.GetHostEntry functionality
    ... I maually put in a DNS entry into the device network settings, even though OpenNetCF apis are reporting dns addresses. ... "Paul G. Tobey " <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT ... If you have two PC-type machines, open a MS-DOS window on one of them and try to view the network information for the one whose name you're currently trying to resolve, using the machine name. ...
  • Re: Windows 2000 logon process
    ... Paul Williams ... when clients are accessing the GPO stored in SYSVOL during logon. ... PW>> Sound's like - that's a combination of DNS and Dfs client pointing ... Global Catalogue servers? ...
  • Re: Event ID 1030 and 1058. Access denied to gpt.ini
    ... Paul D made a post then I ... Any other services running on the DC, such as RRAS, DNS, etc. ... Please direct all replies ONLY to the Microsoft public newsgroups ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)