ODBC error on ASP page when accessing file on other server

From: qztm51 (leslie.lemish@eds.com)
Date: 08/02/02

From: "qztm51" <leslie.lemish@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:02:30 -0700

I am receiving the following error when my asp page tries
to access an Excel file being used as a database.

[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid
path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly
and that you are connected to the server on which the file

The environment is as follows:
Server A - web server
Server B - file server

Server A has a drive mapped to a shared directory on
Server B where the excel file is located.

Server A has a system DSN pointing to the excel file.

When I am logged into the web server (Server A) with an
account that has administrative rights on the network, the
asp page performs as desired. If I log off of the web
server (Server A), the error above occurs on the page. If
I copy the excel file to the c: drive of the web server,
and set up the DSN to point to the file on the c: drive of
the web server (Server A), the asp page performs as
desired. The permissions on the excel file when it is on
the file server (Server B) are set with the Everyone group
having read, write access. Does anyone have any thoughts
on this?