IIS IUSR account

From: calvarez (calvarez@romanalvarez.com)
Date: 07/30/02

From: "calvarez" <calvarez@romanalvarez.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:13:42 -0700

Hello,

Question- Should I ever give the IUSR_ account specific
access to log onto the server that IIS is on under
the 'log on to' button on the account tab of its user
properties?

Thanks-

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SOME Users cannot access OWA others do, error HTTP 500
    ... I understand that some account access OWA ... IIS 6.0 compression corruption causes access violations ... compressed copy of the affected files on the SBS server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Virtual Directory - Permission Denied with fso CopyFile
    ... TestUser (normal user account with same credentials on all machines). ... I logged into the IIS server as vdirUser and simply typed ... open and I had read and write permissions to the share. ... I logged off and back into the IIS server as the administrator and deleted ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IWAM out of sync (DCOM error) 10004
    ... password that is cached in the IIS Metabase for the IWAM and IUSR accounts. ... This should show you whether the password is being changed in the metabase. ... If you reset the password on the domain account, ... and IIS is set to control the IUSR password? ...
  • RE: Anybody seen this error?
    ... This error is caused when the IIS common files fail when making ADSI calls ... account doesn't have the correct access to the IIS metabase. ... I (Admin) have a separate administrative account with all rights. ... | Active Directory Services cannot find the web server. ...
  • Re: Anonymous Account not working
    ... I think the problem may be with the local account. ... built the server there was another server that was named WEB02, ... renamed this server (so that the iusr and iwam accounts would be ...