MBSA and HFNETCHK report missing patches

From: Venom (i_zombie24@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/25/02

From: "Venom" <i_zombie24@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:09:56 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I have scanned about 15 of our IIS 5.0 development servers
and both tools report the same kinda hot fix(s) missing,
which is good. But the catch is that those hotfixes are
already installed.

For example, this particular patch which is the IIS
cumulative pacth released in April (MS-02-018 (q319733)has
been installed but both the tools report that its not
installed. I have used hfnetchk with and with out the "-z"
option.

Also very peculiar is that both the tools dont warm me
about installing the latest patch(q321599) released for
IIS 5.0 in May.

I am confused and dont really know what and who to trust
when it comes to keeping my servers updated.

Any suggestions or resolutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MBSA and HFNETCHK report missing patches
    ... > I have scanned about 15 of our IIS 5.0 development servers ... > and both tools report the same kinda hot fixmissing, ... this particular patch which is the IIS ... > about installing the latest patchreleased for ...
  • Re: Installing IIS
    ... Did I not explain the difference between installing software and configuring ... terms are more than a fine distinction when it comes to IIS? ... Changing site configuration options is what is meant by configuring IIS ... wizard)and got a "please insert XP Pro CD-ROM". ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Installing IIS
    ... You state "but new computers DO COME WITH IT on a separate restore ... This is a simple matter to do with IIS. ... much different from simply installing the software. ... restore drive or in a designated folder on the main drive OR FOR A SMALL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Installing IIS
    ... Since you have zero experience with IIS, ... This is a simple matter to do with IIS. ... much different from simply installing the software. ... but new computers DO COME WITH IT on a separate restore ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: How to stop users installing softwares.
    ... Thanks for that document, i have some doubt, In software Restriction ... from USB drives or without installing. ... Why do they have IIS on there XP machines? ... have given local admin rights to those group of users. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)