MBSA and HFNETCHK report missing patches

From: Venom (i_zombie24@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/25/02

From: "Venom" <i_zombie24@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:09:56 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I have scanned about 15 of our IIS 5.0 development servers
and both tools report the same kinda hot fix(s) missing,
which is good. But the catch is that those hotfixes are
already installed.

For example, this particular patch which is the IIS
cumulative pacth released in April (MS-02-018 (q319733)has
been installed but both the tools report that its not
installed. I have used hfnetchk with and with out the "-z"
option.

Also very peculiar is that both the tools dont warm me
about installing the latest patch(q321599) released for
IIS 5.0 in May.

I am confused and dont really know what and who to trust
when it comes to keeping my servers updated.

Any suggestions or resolutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.