Re: Downloading executables from IIS

From: BB (Bernard_Cheah@nospam.com)
Date: 07/25/02

From: "BB" <Bernard_Cheah@nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:54:05 +0800

do you installed urlscan ? iislockdown ? if yes, it will block you
from doing this.

Refer to urlscan link below to get more detail :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
tools/tools/urlscan.asp

Rgds.

"Stephen Corcoran" <corcoran@kutztown.edu> wrote in message
> goto the properties of your website, on the Home Directory
> tab, make sure that execute permissions are set to scripts
> only...(or none).. if it's set to "scripts and
> executables", it seems to try to execute the file, instead
> of just prompting the user to download it...

Relevant Pages

  • Downloading executables from IIS
    ... make sure that execute permissions are set to scripts ... of just prompting the user to download it... ... >When i'm trying to download some executable file (exe, ...
  • Re: Downloading executables from IIS
    ... Yes i have already instaler urlscan... ... >do you installed urlscan? ... make sure that execute permissions are set to ... >> of just prompting the user to download it... ...
  • Re: SP3 potential problem
    ... Enquire, plan and execute ... download the Net framework updates. ... Net Framework items from my machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: File extensions spoofable in MSIE download dialog
    ... notepad.exe (as a file with the usual ".log" extension would be) ... In no instance was I able to "silently" download and execute an executable ... These are the two browsers I tested with: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Trojan Horse
    ... NewCrapNet is not classified as a virus, ... > Download and install Ad-aware SE ... > signature files and install them before performing the scan. ... > Execute; CLEAN.EXE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)