Re: W32.Klez.gen@mm

From: Michael Laing (mdonlinelaing@microsoft.com)
Date: 07/18/02

From: mdonlinelaing@microsoft.com (Michael Laing)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:08:15 GMT

Hi Monique,

Have a look at this article online. It explains how to prevent the effects
of the W32.Klez.gen@mm virus.

Thanks,

Michael Laing
Microsoft Developer Support
Internet Information Server

***********************
>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

You assume all risk for your use.
2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
***********************
--------------------
| From: "karl [x y]" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
| Subject: Re: W32.Klez.gen@mm
| Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:21:43 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security
|
| Unfortunately, no.
|
| You may be able to set up a filter in your email client software to
| automatically move these emails [e.g. emails containing "klez"] to the
trash
| and/or respond with a canned response that you are not responsible, but
| personally I would rather see the emails and respond manually.
|
| "Monique Lefebvre" <mlefebvr@gte.net> wrote in message
| > Is there anything I can do to stop getting returned e-mail
| > notices that I never sent? Some of them say they are
| > infected with this virus.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Patch emails containing viruses
    ... > immediately" from Microsoft containing the Dumaruu virus! ... > the technician warned me that these emails have become ... How to report Virus-SPAM ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Possible Virus???
    ... Lots of us have received these Emails. ... The attachment is a virus. ... Microsoft sends security updates but NEVER with attachments. ... "Denise Killeen" wrote in message ...
  • Re: virus email/fraudently reprenting Microsoft
    ... Microsoft is well aware of these emails. ... They are sent by machines infected with the virus contained in the email ... > the IP address of the sender an the IP address says ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: "support@microsoft.com"
    ... Microsoft never ever sends out emails with files attached. ... NOW HAVE A VIRUS. ... computer than I do my car. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: The Myth of the secure Mac
    ... The newest variants of the Bagle family of worms were detected this morning and are designed to avoid signature-based detection, leaving many antivirus companies scrambling to respond by producing signature updates. ... So far, ESET has identified more than 13,700 emails with Win32/Bagle.DC and 2,400 emails containing Win32/Bagle.DD and the number is quickly growing. ... "Because of the speed at which new variants are proliferated through botnets, even the most rapid response from a reactive signature update is insufficient," said Andrew Lee, CTO of ESET. ... ESET's Virus Radar, a real-time malware tracking tool, immediately identified these malicious Bagle variant using ThreatSense. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)