Re: Scripting removal of app mappings.

From: Michael Laing (mdonlinelaing@microsoft.com)
Date: 07/18/02

From: mdonlinelaing@microsoft.com (Michael Laing)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:56:36 GMT

Hi Adrian,

Paul's recommendation will certainly work and will probably be easier than
removing App Mappings scriptually, however if you have a requirement that
this must be done scriptually then you can use ADSUtil.vbs. This tools is
installed with IIS and is located in the \\Inetpub\Adminscripts directory
and is accessed via a command line interface. You can modify any metabase
settings through ADSUtil. Please note, it is strongly recommended that you
back up your Metabase before making any changes.

For more information on the use of ADSUtil, please see the following online
info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308622

Thanks,

Michael Laing
Microsoft Developer Support
Internet Information Server

***********************
>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

You assume all risk for your use.
2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
***********************
--------------------
| From: Paul Lynch <paul.lynch@ntlworld.com>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security
| Subject: Re: Scripting removal of app mappings.
| Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:18:58 +0100
|
| On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:51:17 -0700, "Adrian Mink"
| <adrian.mink@pinnaclewest.com> wrote:
|
| >Hello,
| >
| >I would like to script out removing certain application mappings from
IIS.
| >(.htr, etc) Can someone point
| >me in the right direction? Thanks!
| >
| >Adrian
| >
| Adrian,
|
| Right-click the web site, Properties, Home Directory, Configuration
| and then remove any unwanted mappings.
|
| We routinely zap .htr .htw .idc .ida and .idq
|
| Paul Lynch
| MCSE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet Explorer
    ... lead to a fix of I/E 6.0 or my system?? ... >> and I experience a long delay between the downloading of ... >> with a recommendation as how to trouble shoot this problem ... >Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • IDE suggestions?
    ... I had taken the MS course on WSH using VBS, their recommendation for a ... scripting IDE was Primal Script. ... for a simple VBS IDE for writing simple little administration scripts? ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)