Re: How to set up access to IIS server for class students ?

From: x y (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 07/16/02

From: "x y" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:39:22 -0400

I agree... one IIS server, multiple home directories, and some way for the
students to copy their files to their folder. You definitely want to be
sure to secure the IIS server using the checklist at www.microsoft.com/iis
including iislockdown and urlscan. You also want to secure the FTP server
by using secure NTFS folder permissions including not allowing any anonymous
users to be able to both read and write to any one folder, and if you use
FTP to let the students copy the files, remember that the passwords are
passed in plaintext and some students probably know how to use sniffers.
You could consider using Windows networking instead of FTP to copy files.