Masking server type for IIS 5.0

From: Barney Delaney (barnaby.delaney@schwab-europe.com)
Date: 07/10/02

From: "Barney Delaney" <barnaby.delaney@schwab-europe.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:04:47 -0700

Could somebody please advise where i might find
information to mask the Operating System and Web Server
type being displayed when externally scanning against IIS
5.0.

Alternately, if anybody has a fix for this, please share
the info!

Thanks in advance,

Barney Delaney

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Self defense" Attack scripts
    ... For those of you thinking the solution is Apache, or any other web server ... OTHER than IIS, ... Your scope of vulnerability dramatically increases. ... I do think every operating system has ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Security?
    ... Which Web server do you know better and feel more comfortable configuring? ... For me Windows is the operating system of choice and so is IIS as Web ...
  • Re: Masking server type for IIS 5.0
    ... >information to mask the Operating System and Web Server ... >type being displayed when externally scanning against IIS ...
  • Re: Frontpage on XP home
    ... >FrontPage 2003 is the most current version. ... >With XP Home, there is no web server available, so ... WinXP Pro comes with IIS as the ... >> work on this operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Jeez... how do I even start ????
    ... > When I would start IIS from the Administrative tools, ... > situation, with the same resolution as described in the msdn article, so ... A lot of these other posts also mentioned the ASPNET user. ... > the web server was running on this machine. ...