Why am I getting large log files full of blanks

From: Bob (rpl@goldengate.net)
Date: 07/06/02

From: "Bob" <rpl@goldengate.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:55:13 -0500

I am getting large log files ( 64k) from my web site and from my ftp server.
The log files contain 1 k of test and 63k of blank spaces.

How can I tell if someone is deleting text from the log files ?

TIA
bob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Site Usage Report
    ... >> I do have log files under that location. ... The report does not include data for sites under this Web site. ... >> see detailed data for these sites, see their corresponding usage reports. ... >> For usage information on all sites in this site collection see the Web ...
  • Can I restrict access to certain IPs?
    ... Thanks Jonathan and Tom for the responses to my other question. ... one company to access our little web site. ... Looking at the log files so far, ...
  • Re: More Information than just IIS Log Information
    ... This is generally obtained client side using JavaScript: ... You could then post the information to your web site (for example from the ... be retrieved using IIS Log files. ...
  • Re: Realtime log file anlayser
    ... >Well, the idea seems simple, but i dont know if there is a ... >I am using URLSCAN to protect my web site -to some extent- ... >and when i check the log files of my web server the well ... >disconnects any session with that IP. ...
  • Re: Internet Explorer not working
    ... I have done everything like DON said and it worked,i also run the other program which is there on the list,which lets you see what is going on the log files and lets you choose which files you dont want to run, and which you want to remove manually. ... On that Web site from DON they say that our problem is some kind of trojan which dosen't let run or connect to sites with virus scans or add removal tools. ...