Re: Windows XP and IIS with .Net

From: x y (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 06/16/02

From: "x y" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:34:16 -0400

I'm not 100% sure IIS comes with that version, but it would be under start,
settings, control panel, add/remove programs, windows components. Be sure
to only enable the services that you need [e.g. evaluate your need for smtp
and ftp] and also secure your computer with all the microsoft patches,
iislockdown with urlscan and the checklist which are all at
www.microsoft.com/security you could be very sorry if you don't.
Antivirus and a firewall are good ideas too. Installing Apache free web
server instead is also an option.

"Rob" <robsears@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am setting up a Windows XP Home Edition laptop with
> Visual Studio.NET Enterprise Developer. How do I install
> IIS on this machine ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows XP and IIS with .Net
    ... You could try downloading and installing Apache, ... > settings, control panel, add/remove programs, windows components. ... >> IIS on this machine? ...
  • Re: HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP Address Rejected
    ... it was the proxy settings on the ... > You can also try to change the security settings for the Remote Web ... Open the IIS console ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ASP.NET webs not working
    ... application settings were simple and easily reversible in an effort to ... The Default Web Site in IIS has "Anonymous access" checked. ... The default security and applications should be correctly configured by ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: IIS security settings are reset after I reboot the server
    ... Stopping and restarting the IIS services should let you see if the ... security settings are going to disappear or not after a reboot [in other ... I believe the IIS settings may be disappearing when the services are ... Then, restart W3SVC service. ...
  • Re: Customerrors in web.config question
    ... description on the different levels of error handling in IIS 6 and ASP.NET ... > error settings defined within the IIS metabase and not by the ... >>web.config file with a customerrors element that points the error handling ...