deleting files

From: Navin Mehra (navinmehra@softcell.co.in)
Date: 05/31/02

From: "Navin Mehra" <navinmehra@softcell.co.in>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 06:13:00 -0700

I had a query regarding a particular problem we are
facing.One of website on the shared web server was
exploited via Anonymous ftp. There were sub folders
created within the sites directory into which files were
uploaded. After detecting the exploit we have stopped the
ftp service on that site.The problem now is that the files
uploaded into those new folders created are big in size
(In GB ). So we need to delete this files as they are
occupying space on the server. We have manually tried
deleting the files but it shows a sharing violation, files
in use.Also we have tried deleting the files after
stopping the Websites. But even this has not helped.The
server is a Win2K machine with IIS 5 as the webserver.
        Any suggestion on this would be welcome.

Relevant Pages

  • Deleting Files
    ... facing.One of website on the shared web server was ... exploited via Anonymous ftp. ... There were sub folders ... occupying space on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: deleting files
    ... > exploited via Anonymous ftp. ... There were sub folders ... > occupying space on the server. ... > deleting the files but it shows a sharing violation, ...
  • Enable Bandwidth throttling programmatically using WMI in C#
    ... Does anybody has the script to add Bandwidth throttling and Website ... public string IPAddress ... /// Gets or sets the name of the IIS server that site ... ManagementObject ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: Permission Problems SBS2003 R1
    ... website on the SBS server? ... Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0 ... Step 3: Please check the permissions in IIS manager: ... Step 4: Re-running CEICW on SBS server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • 85010014 error - resolved - ActiveSync Exchange Server
    ... Application Log on our server would be filled with those ActiveSync 3005: ... It basically all comes down to the basics of Windows DNS, how SSL ... and our Default Website could only properly respond to ONE IP ... SSL host header using port 443 with our SSL cert. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)