Re: MS02-018 Breaking ASP ODBC

From: Richard Donovan (rldonovan@erg-va.com)
Date: 05/23/02

From: "Richard Donovan" <rldonovan@erg-va.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:03:52 -0400

Sounds like a repeat of some earlier problems from last summer. I don't
know if any of this will work, but you could try going to Internet
Information Services, Home Directory tab, Configuration, App Mappings and
see if .asp is still mapped to asp.dll. Also, if I remember correctly (and
age IS an issue), it seems like there was some magic in setting application
protection (Home Directory tab) to Low. This is all an attempt to remember
stuff from a year ago. Hope it helps, or at least does no harm.

Dick
"Chris Maher" <cmaher@verticalscreen.com> wrote in message
> We've started experiencing asp pages hanging just recently
> after installing the latest security hotfixes as of April
> 11, 2002. At the same time asp pages are failing to
> respond, .html files are being served fine. Nothing shows
> in any of the logs. We're not sure what to do next.
> Anyone with any information? Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ASP.NET IMPERSONATION AND ORACLE 8.1.7
    ... But I have oracle installed on the same machine as the web server and I'm ... Do I still need to enable kerberos? ... > besides installing oracle:) ...
  • MS02-018 Breaking ASP ODBC
    ... We've started experiencing asp pages hanging just recently ... after installing the latest security hotfixes as of April ... >before the patch and that fixed that problem. ... >load some VB components that fail to connect to my Oracle ...
  • patch problems...
    ... We are on the road to migrate oracle from 7.3.4 to 9.2 ... Oracle requested to do the following patch upgrades; ... I decided to directly go to PK6.. ... Problem installing: ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: ASP.NET IMPERSONATION AND ORACLE 8.1.7
    ... besides installing oracle:) ... ¤ but i'm always getting a ora 01017 invalid username/password. ... Assuming Oracle is installed on a machine other than your web server you will need to enable ...
  • Re: 9i Client Re-Install Question
    ... so installing admin tools in the same oracle home, ... patch after in the same place is suppose to work. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)