DEP Compliance

I have a C# .Net application (both an EXE and a DLL) that I want to make DEP
compliant. I have been searching for instructions of how to do this, and I
just keep coming up empty.

My application contacts my DLL that makes a SOAP connection over to Exchange
Web Services (EWS) and asks for calendar information for a User ID that does
not exist in our Domain - that's perfectly OK! My unit tests expect a
SOAP/Web Exception because the User ID is not in our Domain. My EXE will
just loop around using the next User ID (which actually DOES EXIST this time)
and make the SOAP connection to EWS and successfully get the calendar info.

This all works just fine on Windows XP, but when I moved over onto Windows
Vista (where DEP compliance is on my default), I get the dreaded "Windows has
closed this program..."

I want to make my C# .Net EXE and DLL compliant, but I just don't know what
to do?

Can anyone help me out there? I've got my company's VP stopping by my
cubicle every day asking, "Figure it out yet???"

Aaaahhhhh.

Thanks,
Paul

  • DEP Compliance
    ... I have a C# .Net application (EXE and DLL) that I want to make Data Execution ... Prevention compliant. ... are valid uid's and when permitted to execute (by ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Editors
    ... some strip them on exe files by default. ... "preferred base address" and, yup, relocations are completely ... DLL files, though, aren't loaded into their own address space but are ... EXE's "entry-point", though, is not "special" in that it's just an ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: DLL pass vector by value crash
    ... The prototype for testfunc is a by-value copy, so it has to make a copy of the value. ... Are you using static linking for either the .exe (if so, it probably won't work correctly, ... clearly using the shared CRT DLL for the DLL you are constructing. ... no crash occurs in either config. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: DLL pass vector by value crash
    ... stack of the exe and may allocate default member element on the exe heap. ... If this is a dangerous situation, the simple app I set up calling testFunc() ... in a dll did not crash. ... msvcr90.dll!free and access the source code of free.c. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Releasing my VB.NET app over the intranet
    ... of the primary EXE and when compiled I am copying the contents ... the directory and open a browser on the web server and type ... > another dll, we need to put the dll in the same directory, so that the clr ... > The executable will be downloaded to the assembly download cache on the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)