RE: 1 update fails to install.

I am having problems installing Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Serv Pack 2.
I have a shield telling me to install update but it fails every time I try.
Please help.

"tupelo69" wrote:

I am having big problems trying to install an update for NET framework
version 1.0 servicepack 3.
Everytime I log on it is reminding me and I have tried countless times.
I went to site and downloaded to install manually but itfailed as it saic
there was an error updating my system.
What else can I do?

  • Re: Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB94183
    ... |I have Vista and the Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack ... | 2 is the only update which fails to install. ... I have upgraded Vista twice and each time I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Asking to download update repeatedly (xml update)
    ... keeps asking us to download and install. ... "This security update may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft ... Security updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: security update installation failures
    ... Fatal installation error and the update failed to install. ... updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update
    ... Everytime I install this it gives the same reason, ... A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services ... Under "Known issues with this security update", ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: security update installation failures
    ... Fatal installation error and the update failed to install. ... updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)