mapping drive through service

Hi,
I have developed an .Net C# remoting service application to
map a given machine to a first available drive letter in the host
machine. The target machine is running on Windows2003.

My problem is when i run this application as a service with
Administrator acount, it doesn't work.
That mean when i log on as admisnistrator ino this machine and call
this service method, it shows that it mapped the drive ( i can see
that in tools->DisconnectMapdrive), but i can't see that mapped drive
in windows explorer.

If i run the same application as normal application, it works. I
suspect this is related to security issue. Can anybody help me in this
regard?

  • Re: Creating a service
    ... I am not able to map the drive manually from File Explorer on the ... that I have no choice but but to handle it from the host side. ... on the host respond to a connection event. ...
  • Re: COD4 patch was a waste
    ... Host migration is still garbage. ... assigns a new host and starts a new map. ... have to worry about developers including mute features in game in the first ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: COD4 patch was a waste
    ... When the host is getting his ass kicked and bails the map still freaking ends. ... The only difference is that it keeps everyone together, assigns a new host and starts a new map. ... That is complete garbage and it's not a proper solution. ... Maybe if MS ever got off of their asses and fixed the profile while online we wouldn't have to worry about developers including mute features in game in the first place. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Mapping network resources from a service
    ... user, map a network ressource to a drive letter, run a process, delete ... application server mode. ... conclusion that local ressources mapping are global to the system: ...