Re: IE7 / Vista - hosted UserControl fails to load (must run as admin)

"James" <j DOT w AT zoom DOT co DOT uk> wrote in message
Hi,

I'm running IE7 on Vista. When I browse to one of our Intranet pages that
hosts a .net 2 UserControl it fails to load. If I run IE as admin, it
loads and works fine.

Note - The control makes webservice calls

Could someone please advise why this is the case, I really need this to
work for regular users - it does work fine for regular users on IE7, with
XP SP2.

Thanks!
James

Additional info - I actually have three user controls, one works, two fail
to load unless IE is run as admin. They all make webservice calls to the
Intranet, but the one that works is calling back to the site it came from,
the others call different intranet servers. Could that be the reason? If so,
can i change somethign to allow all user to access those sites?

Thanks
James

  • IE7 / Vista - hosted UserControl fails to load (must run as admin)
    ... I'm running IE7 on Vista. ... hosts a .net 2 UserControl it fails to load. ... for regular users - it does work fine for regular users on IE7, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Is "webBrowser.Navigate" a good way to continually check if a page exists?
    ... certain intranet page exists. ... the program should load and display it. ... a very basic, one-to-many instant message. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Suppressing File Download - Security Warning dialog box
    ... The file does load but only after the 'File Download - ... Security Warning' dialog box has opened first and prompted the user to Load ... Adding the intranet to trusted sites for both intranet and internet zones ... Changing the 'Attachment Manager' settings to allow .lnk files as Low Risk ...
  • Re: Is "webBrowser.Navigate" a good way to continually check if a page exists?
    ... certain intranet page exists. ... Would "webBrowser.Navigate" and catching ... exceptions to it be a good choice in terms of load on the PC? ... the program should load and display it. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: login problems
    ... The webserver must be located in the Intranet Zone to automatically log on. ... "Internet Explorer May Prompt You for a Password" ... > when we load the page, we get the login box ie. username /password/domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)