Re: How do I locate an object using its sid in a multi-forests env

If I have a external forest trust for my current forest, would I get all the
domains ,including those domains, in the external forest if I use the
domains.GetAllTrustRelationships();

--
Thanks.

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

Are you sure the trust isn't a domain trust instead of a forest trust? Try
the same code on your domains in your forest to see if the trust shows up
there.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Pucca" <Pucca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried using the follow code to get the trusted relationship for my forest
but it returns 0 for trusts.Count. I do have external trust for my
currect
forest. Why isn't it catching that information?
Thank you.
Forest forest;
forest = Forest.GetCurrentForest();
TrustRelationshipInformationCollection trusts =
forest.GetAllTrustRelationships();
for(int indx=0; indx<trusts.Count; indx++)
{
TrustRelationshipInformation trust = trusts[indx];
}
--
Thanks.

"Pucca" wrote:

Hi, I'm using vs2005, .net2 for a windows applicaiton. I need to bind to
an
AD object (user, group or computer) and I only have its sid. This object
could locate in a domain outside of my current forest, in a
multi-forests
environment.
1. How can I find the path to this object?
2. How to find the domain name that this object is located.
3. If this object is not in current forest, then, how can I verify if
the
forest/domain that this object is at has a valid external trust
configured
with my current forest?

Any help in any of the above issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
--
Thanks.

  • Re: creating one way trust
    ... of different forest. ... It sounds for me that you do not need/have a trust, ... Once everything is replicated from the win2k svr. ... Let me try to understan a little more about youre network. ...
  • Re: Huge AD deployment
    ... That was the case in Windows 2000, but in Windows Server 2003 forest trusts ... note though is that a forest trust is only transitive for domains within the ... >> company.com in that data center and have every country trust company.com ... instead of going over the internet. ...
  • Re: Domain Functional Levels and Trusts
    ... other type of trust, i.e., Forest Trust ... A Forest Trust and an External trust are TWO DISTINCT types ... FORESTS to be in Win2003 Forest Functional Level. ... External trusts are possible in any MODE, ...
  • RE: Two way forest trust fails only in one direction
    ... After deep research of the SMB signing, we saw that both servers need Reg Key: ... needed to match on both servers on both sides of the trust. ... B's Forest, but Company B can not access Company As forest at all. ... running DNS and WINS under Windows Active Directory. ...
  • Re: admt and virtual pc
    ... are both 2003 and the same forest there should be a default implicit trust. ... ADMT but you don't actually say that and more importantly ... ADMT requires the Source Domain ...