Re: How do I locate an object using its sid in a multi-forests env

If I have a external forest trust for my current forest, would I get all the
domains ,including those domains, in the external forest if I use the
domains.GetAllTrustRelationships();

--
Thanks.

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

Are you sure the trust isn't a domain trust instead of a forest trust? Try
the same code on your domains in your forest to see if the trust shows up
there.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Pucca" <Pucca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried using the follow code to get the trusted relationship for my forest
but it returns 0 for trusts.Count. I do have external trust for my
currect
forest. Why isn't it catching that information?
Thank you.
Forest forest;
forest = Forest.GetCurrentForest();
TrustRelationshipInformationCollection trusts =
forest.GetAllTrustRelationships();
for(int indx=0; indx<trusts.Count; indx++)
{
TrustRelationshipInformation trust = trusts[indx];
}
--
Thanks.

"Pucca" wrote:

Hi, I'm using vs2005, .net2 for a windows applicaiton. I need to bind to
an
AD object (user, group or computer) and I only have its sid. This object
could locate in a domain outside of my current forest, in a
multi-forests
environment.
1. How can I find the path to this object?
2. How to find the domain name that this object is located.
3. If this object is not in current forest, then, how can I verify if
the
forest/domain that this object is at has a valid external trust
configured
with my current forest?

Any help in any of the above issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
--
Thanks.

.