CasPol.exe doesn't start

Hi everyone,

I have an unusual issue. I'm running into security errors when trying
to run any ..NET 1.1 programs (.NET 2.0 runs perfectly fine). In
fact, when I try to run "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\v1.1.4322\CasPol.exe -
reset -all", i get the following error:

"Unhandled Exception: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException:
Execution permission cannot be acquired."

So, in order to reset the security permissions, I need to run a
program that needs those very same permissions - I'm stuck in an
infinite loop!!

Any assistance will help!

Thanks in advance!

  • CasPol.exe fails to start and throws a security exception
    ... I'm running into security errors when ... reset -all", ... So, in order to reset the security permissions, I need to run a ... Any assistance will help! ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • File Security
    ... and now I can't move the files from the old server - ... gives me security errors. ... Any way to reset the permissions ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Delegate Control... Reset Passwords
    ... Also, If I check the Security properties of an actual user account, I don't ... PCAdmins from the "Print Operators" group, ... that Read and Write permissions in pwdLastSet attribute. ... RESET USER PASSWORDS ...
  • Re: Delegation - Password Reset - Access Denied
    ... If you go to properties of an AD object, select the security tab and click ... on advanced you should be on the permissions tab. ... WARNING - Any implicit permissions defined will be lost and reset back to ... Accounts in the OU and found that the BldgAdmins group was not listed. ...
  • Re: Delegate Control... Reset Passwords
    ... the PCAdmins group is a member of the following two groups: ... that Read and Write permissions in pwdLastSet attribute. ... RESET USER PASSWORDS ...