Re: Trusted connection problem

I installed the server's root CA cert on my machine and I'm not getting that
connection error anymore. Thanks a lot for your prompt help and follow up!

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

Yes, that's one way to do it. IE is usually pretty good at telling you
whether a given site's certificate will be trusted by a given client machine
as well and will show you the cert chain.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Eve" <Eve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I guess I could compare my list on the Trusted Root Certification
Authorities
tab in Internet Options against the list on my co-worker's machine...

"Eve" wrote:

How can I verify that my co-worker has the server's root CA certificate
installed on his machine?

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

This is usually a problem with PKI and is not an error specific to .NET
security. It sounds like your workstation does not trust the issuer of
the
remote server's certificate. Normally when this happens, an error will
be
logged by schannel in the system event log on the client machine with
the
details. Providing this info would help.

If that is the problem, you can either fix the trust problem by
installing
the server's root CA cert in your client's trusted roots (better) or
code
around the problem to ignore this type of problem with the appropriate
validation callback.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Eve" <Eve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have an application that performs an http post to the remote server
using
SSL. When I run the app on my local machine, I get this error:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
relationship
for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

When my co-worker runs the same app on his machine, everything works
fine.
He tried running the app on my machine under his network login with
no
success. He doesn't recall configuring his pc to be able to talk to
the
server.

I'm wondering if this error might have anything to do with .NET
security??
If it does, how can I compare my settings against my co-worker's?
I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!

  • Re: Trusted connection problem
    ... How can I verify that my co-worker has the server's root CA certificate ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... you can either fix the trust problem by installing ... I'm wondering if this error might have anything to do with .NET security?? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Root Cert Errors on Tiger with SP2
    ... My root certificate works flawlessly with every other mail client ... > intermediate authority referencing the root CA cert. ... > same intermediate CA as the server cert). ... > I also have tried installing the certs ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Trusted connection problem
    ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... you can either fix the trust problem by installing ... I'm wondering if this error might have anything to do with .NET security?? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: SSL bind to LDAP for password change
    ... One of our admins uses php to connect in and he requires the cert. ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... I am unable to create a SSL certificate using the DomainController ... Domain Controller does not show up ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)