Re: Cannot write to event log when web application uses forms authentication

Thanks for the tip. On further investigation, I found that it's a
problem with using impersonation. I use Regmon to get the trace
between impersonation and non, and both traces are the same. I then
use Filemon to get the trace between the two, and I found that for the
non-impersonation, there are requests for WRITE access to the log file
(in my case it is MyApp.evt) by services.exe:1176 and the result is
success. However, in the case for impersonation, these entries are
absent (i.e. there is no WRITE request at all).

Any ideas why?

-Andrew

On Dec 3, 12:35 pm, "Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]"