Re: httpwebrequest failure with .net service

Do you know if SSL client certificate authentication is being performed? It
may be the case that the server is requesting client cert auth and only the
admin account on your box has permissions to access the private key for the
client cert that is being used (which may actually be the server's own SSL
cert since it is the same box).

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"chaz" <chaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
running Hi,
I have a .net 2.0 service that periodically needs to access a web site on
the same 2003 server machine that is configured to use https .
The only way I can get this working is to run the service with the
administrator login , no other account (system, local service, or account
that is a member of the administrators group ).

the failure is 2148074254 - No credentials are available in the security
package
and the message is
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

any ideas on how to proceed ?

thanks,
chaz

  • Re: stunnel, OpenSSL, certificates, etc. [was: SMTP server or "forwarding"?]
    ... Is there a way to find a server that might be there but I ... >> how the ssl stuff works. ... Does the client need to have the certificate ... client must have a client cert to connect? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why got error "Only one type of operation can be performed in
    ... I was getting the error becuase I was committing with both "Clear" and ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... It could be that you have run into an ADSI limitation on Win2K server ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Why got error "Only one type of operation can be performed in
    ... you have the full stack trace of the error message? ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... It could be that you have run into an ADSI limitation on Win2K server ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: HRESULT: 0X80070490 with Azman and AD LDS on 2008 server
    ... it may be that you are either missing some part of the AzMan schema for your LDS server or that some aspect of the MMC snap-in that manages AzMan and persists the policy didn't save all the objects correctly. ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... I tried to give permission on ADAM for authenticated users> but ...