Extracting Private Key

Hi everyone...

I have the following scenario, maybe I could get some further insight
on how to tackle the situation:

Currently developing a security solution embedded into an 8 bit micro-
processor, with limitations in memory. I am implementing a signing
algorithm based on ElGamal (ECC).

Given that a whole certificate would not fit, I was thinking of
storing the Private Key + Serial Number in a secured area, which key
and serial are then fed to the algorithm.

To generate the certificates I am using StrongAuth's CSRTool + EJBCA,
providing me with a JKCS10/8 and the actual certificate.

Is there any way/tool/API with which I can extract the Private Key as
a byte array or String?

I thank you all for your time...

Best Regards,

Chris Porter

  • X509 Certificates and Riijndael encryption
    ... I would like to encrypt data using AES (Rijndael) algorithm, ... as the key the key from a given certificate. ... Shouldn't I use the private key instead of the public one? ...
  • Obtaining Private Key out of a JKCS8 file
    ... maybe I could get some further insight ... and serial are then fed to the algorithm. ... providing me with a JKCS10/8 and the actual certificate. ... Is there any way/tool/API with which I can extract the Private Key as ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: secrets of the EFS key pair maker
    ... > "If the certificate is not available, the private key will not be ... > and I can't find details on the algorithm that creates the key pairs. ... If you do not have the certificate and you do not have a key recovery agent ...
  • Re: Unable to use third-party cert after Exch Sp2 update on SBS200
    ... Every *server* certificate in IIS has to ... The public key is sent when a request from a browser ... The public key is used to *decrypt* data. ... The private key is used ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SIMple SSL question ??
    ... I believe your book is instructing you to keep the private key secure. ... you use the certificate request wizard in IIS to install the cert after it's ... the certificate that's just been installed. ... If an attacker retrievs the SSL certificate, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)