Impersonation - connecting to a machine in it's own workgroup

Hi

I'm trying to check the status of a service running on a machine in its own
workgroup.

Is there anyway of impersonating a user in the workgroup to allow the
ServiceController to connect and retrieve the state of the service?

The process performing the check sits in a domain and is running 2003. The
target machine is running NT.

Thanks

Glenn

  • Re: Cannot connect to computer not joined to domain
    ... account that was locally on the target machine. ... I have an XP home PC on my home> network and I have no problems browsing> the MSHOME default workgroup from my> XP pro domain member using cached ... > "Phillip Windell" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Cannot connect to computer not joined to domain
    ... account that was locally on the target machine. ... I have an XP home PC on my home> network and I have no problems browsing> the MSHOME default workgroup from my> XP pro domain member using cached ... > "Phillip Windell" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Change Workgroup Utility?
    ... What a pain having to type in the new workgroup ... many and then reboot. ... Guest is enabled on the target machine; or 2) you have a user ... as you know the names of the network resources - it's just as easy to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Change Workgroup Utility?
    ... and then going thru the agonizing reboot to get xp to join me to the ... What a pain having to type in the new workgroup many and ... Windows operating systems do not need to be in the same group to share ... target machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Shared files - Safe on unsecure wireless network?
    ... They would not need to know the workgroup. ... target machine with the unprotected shares is really needed. ... http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)