Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0

as in the sample - i host in a console app - the endpoint is not really necessary.

try a console host first - makes debugging a lot easier ...

-----

oky there is one different on the way I ma using it.
in your sample as you are referencing to an endpoint with .rem
extension, I
guest you host your remote object under IIS ?
For my case I made the test using tcp and host my remote under Windows
service and my endpoint is without .rem extension

regards
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

I just tried the download - not sure whats wrong - it works on my
machine (which is a different machine than i used to originally write
the sample...)

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)

Runing your sample generate the following exception:

The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw an
exception.
System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message="The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity'
threw
an exception."
Source="mscorlib"
TypeName="System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity"
StackTrace:
Server stack trace:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity.RemoveAppNameOrAppGuidIfNecessary(S
tr
ing uri)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.IdentityHolder.ResolveIdentity(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String
URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMe
ss
age(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders,
Stream
requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders&
responseHeaders,
Stream& responseStream)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessa
ge
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData,
Int32 type)
at
LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ISharedInterface.HelloWorld(Stri
ng
input)
at LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ClientApp.Main() in
C:\Users\cal\Downloads\SecureRemoting\Client\Client.cs:line 19
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly,
String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile,
Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:
exception?

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)
Hello,

I have ccheck your sample I cannot make it work... The server
start properly but the client crash right a way :-(

IN the configuration seetins you mentionned that smae thing need
to be apply from client side but in which form ?

I have test it but not ablée to see my client credential...
For instance, from my client I ma login as BOB, BOB is calling the
remote
compoenent host by a Windows Service, then from my remote server I
would like
to receive BOB and verifiy that it belongs to proper groups for
SQL
authentification
Is it what those settings are suppose to do ?
regards
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:
Have a look here:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemotingConfigurationSettings
.a sp x http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemoting.aspx

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)
Dear all,

I have read that with TcpChannel under 2.0 client credential
are pass throught the server remoting object. How can you then
retrive from your server the passed credential issue by the
client ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge

  • Re: VMware ESXi
    ... Virtual Server because my bios does not support virtualization. ... the vSpere client on my XP workstation. ... Now I want to create another VM on the same host this ... egg scenario if you have VMWare running with a DHCP assigned ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0
    ... Dominick Baier ... Server stack trace: ... properly but the client crash right a way :-( ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: VMware ESXi
    ... the vSpere client on my XP workstation. ... Now I want to create another VM on the same host this ... the VM server through the client and then click the DVD/CD Connect ... egg scenario if you have VMWare running with a DHCP assigned ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VMware ESXi
    ... Now I want to create another VM on the same host this time ... Using the vSphere client on my desktop I can go ... the VM server through the client and then click the DVD/CD Connect ... egg scenario if you have VMWare running with a DHCP assigned ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Banana Republic (was Re: OpenVMS Book Wins award)
    ... page but didn't look deeeply enough to see that the client was having to ... (for the same host). ... cross-site scripting constraint exercised by the browser (to prevent XSS ... but what is outside any HTTP protocol is "when a server gets told something" ...
    (comp.os.vms)