Re: help on caller credentials !! :-(

I'm not certain that will solve all of your issues, but I'm pretty sure that
is a necessary step. In order to get Kerberos-based authentication, you'll
likely need to do more than that, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if
you need Kerberos or if NTLM will suffice.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"calderara" <calderara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
By setting the Network Service instead of local, I will defintly be able
reveive BOB under my Identity object ? hmmmm
Looks so simple, I will give a try..

thnaks
serge

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

You shouldn't run as local service. You should run as Network Service
instead, as that will allow the service to access the network and
participate in domain-based authentication.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"calderara" <calderara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dear all,

I start to loose my hairs. Hoep someone could help me to recover..:-)
I have build a remote object hosted in a Windows Service runing as
LocalService.
I have then a claient application which calling that remote object and
based
on the caller credential I shouzld authorise hit or not to access to
back
end
database.

The situation is as follow :
My client is running as BOB. BOB is calling the remote object for data
storage. What I try to do is retriveing the caller credential from my
remote
object in order to athauticated for further process. The problem is
that
when
I check the wndows identity on my server side, it return the context on
which
my service is running and not my caller's context.

MY server config file is as follow :

<channels>
<!--<channel ref="tcp" port="8090"
useDefaultCredentials="False">-->
<channel ref="tcp" port="8090" secure="True"
impersonationLevel="Impersonate" protectionLevel="EncryptAndSign">
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full"/>
</serverProviders>
</channel>
</channels>

Note that I am using .NEt 2.0

Thnaks again for your help ( I am fighting for a full week now on this
grrr
:-()
regards
serge