Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0

I just tried the download - not sure whats wrong - it works on my machine (which is a different machine than i used to originally write the sample...)

-----

Runing your sample generate the following exception:

The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw an
exception.
System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message="The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity'
threw
an exception."
Source="mscorlib"
TypeName="System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity"
StackTrace:
Server stack trace:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity.RemoveAppNameOrAppGuidIfNecessary(Str
ing uri)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.IdentityHolder.ResolveIdentity(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String
URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMess
age(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders,
Stream
requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders&
responseHeaders,
Stream& responseStream)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData,
Int32 type)
at
LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ISharedInterface.HelloWorld(String
input)
at LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ClientApp.Main() in
C:\Users\cal\Downloads\SecureRemoting\Client\Client.cs:line 19
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly,
String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile,
Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:
exception?

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)

Hello,

I have ccheck your sample I cannot make it work... The server start
properly but the client crash right a way :-(

IN the configuration seetins you mentionned that smae thing need to
be apply from client side but in which form ?

I have test it but not ablée to see my client credential...
For instance, from my client I ma login as BOB, BOB is calling the
remote
compoenent host by a Windows Service, then from my remote server I
would like
to receive BOB and verifiy that it belongs to proper groups for SQL
authentification
Is it what those settings are suppose to do ?
regards
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:
Have a look here:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemotingConfigurationSettings.a
sp x http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemoting.aspx

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)
Dear all,

I have read that with TcpChannel under 2.0 client credential are
pass throught the server remoting object. How can you then retrive
from your server the passed credential issue by the client ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge

  • Re: help on caller credentials !! :-(
    ... I am runing my client application under user BOB on an Windows 2000 ... machine Then my server component is hosted in a windows service ... under windows 2000 and prefer mode should be "Impersonate". ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0
    ... Dominick Baier ... Server stack trace: ... properly but the client crash right a way :-( ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Trying to setup FreeNX
    ... I've installed FreeNX server and the NX client from ... Below is a copy of the failure as recorded by my NX client trying to ... NX> 103 Welcome to: bhf user: bob ... NX> 703 Session type: unix-kde ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: XP Client Cant Log In To Server After Initial Setup
    ... username, and the domainname is the netbios name of your domain (you can ... check that on the server). ... "Bob N." ... I logged onto one of the client ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Issues With User Control Embedded Into Web Page Since Installing .NET 2.0
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... I deployed the same test project to another 2003 server in the same ... - The issues stated above are reproducable from any client, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)