Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0

Runing your sample generate the following exception:

The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw an
exception.
System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message="The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw
an exception."
Source="mscorlib"
TypeName="System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity"
StackTrace:
Server stack trace:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity.RemoveAppNameOrAppGuidIfNecessary(String uri)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.IdentityHolder.ResolveIdentity(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream
requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders,
Stream& responseStream)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData,
Int32 type)
at
LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ISharedInterface.HelloWorld(String input)
at LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ClientApp.Main() in
C:\Users\cal\Downloads\SecureRemoting\Client\Client.cs:line 19
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

exception?

-----

Hello,

I have ccheck your sample I cannot make it work... The server start
properly but the client crash right a way :-(

IN the configuration seetins you mentionned that smae thing need to be
apply from client side but in which form ?

I have test it but not ablée to see my client credential...
For instance, from my client I ma login as BOB, BOB is calling the
remote
compoenent host by a Windows Service, then from my remote server I
would like
to receive BOB and verifiy that it belongs to proper groups for SQL
authentification
Is it what those settings are suppose to do ?
regards
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

Have a look here:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemotingConfigurationSettings.asp
x http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemoting.aspx

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)

Dear all,

I have read that with TcpChannel under 2.0 client credential are
pass throught the server remoting object. How can you then retrive
from your server the passed credential issue by the client ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge

  • return from server only works for built-in types
    ... But when I call _r.GetStatisticsthe client fails with the exception shown ... GetStatistics fails when client and server is on different networks. ... Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: How to detect if client or server are not responding
    ... you are asking if raising an exception could cause a COM call not ... responds to the server crashing. ... client implemented in an ActiveX plugin DLL running in a browser. ... If a COM service crashes in the middle of a call, it may take up to 6 ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: JAX-WS: Wie Exceptions behandeln?
    ... SoapFault gemacht aber die Exception auch von "Java" ins Logfile ... Der Server oder der Client? ... Exceptions werden doch nur vom Server erzeugt. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • WCF communication error - whats the cause?
    ... I have a very simple client - server application using the WCF. ... Communications exception thrown whilst trying to write to remote service. ...
  • Re: Passing Referernce Parameter to Remote Component
    ... So you have an MBR object that takes another MBR object from the ... client to server. ... So what type of exception are you getting? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)