Re: TcpChannel under .NET 2.0

Runing your sample generate the following exception:

The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw an
exception.
System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message="The type initializer for 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity' threw
an exception."
Source="mscorlib"
TypeName="System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity"
StackTrace:
Server stack trace:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Identity.RemoveAppNameOrAppGuidIfNecessary(String uri)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.IdentityHolder.ResolveIdentity(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream
requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders,
Stream& responseStream)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData,
Int32 type)
at
LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ISharedInterface.HelloWorld(String input)
at LeastPrivilege.Demos.SecureRemoting.ClientApp.Main() in
C:\Users\cal\Downloads\SecureRemoting\Client\Client.cs:line 19
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

exception?

-----

Hello,

I have ccheck your sample I cannot make it work... The server start
properly but the client crash right a way :-(

IN the configuration seetins you mentionned that smae thing need to be
apply from client side but in which form ?

I have test it but not ablée to see my client credential...
For instance, from my client I ma login as BOB, BOB is calling the
remote
compoenent host by a Windows Service, then from my remote server I
would like
to receive BOB and verifiy that it belongs to proper groups for SQL
authentification
Is it what those settings are suppose to do ?
regards
serge
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

Have a look here:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemotingConfigurationSettings.asp
x http://www.leastprivilege.com/SecureRemoting.aspx

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)

Dear all,

I have read that with TcpChannel under 2.0 client credential are
pass throught the server remoting object. How can you then retrive
from your server the passed credential issue by the client ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge

.