Re: Encrypting Data into a string

Maybe you should show your code? It sounds like you have a misunderstanding
of how you should be encoding your data. Basically, you use Base64 to
represent arbitrary binary data as a string. Base64 is good for this
purpose because it can deal with binary data that doesn't have a good
natural string representation such as data with embedded nulls and other
non-printable characters. Examples of "arbitrary binary data" in the
context of crypto include encrypted data, hashes and keys.

If you have a string of plain text and need to encrypt that, you typically
want to use a text-based encoding such as UTF8 to convert that into binary.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net