Encrypting Data into a string

Hi there.

I am trying to encrypt a connect string that has some special
characters in it (i.e. ';' and '=' and whatever other funky chars can
be in a password). So this chokes when I use the Convert.ToBase64 and
Convert.FromBase64 methods. I need the result to be a legitimate
string that I can put into a config file. Any ideas on how to best
overcome this issue?

Thanks, Mike

  • Re: DCL encryption technique
    ... }encrypting a character string (1-30 characters) to ... }disguise string content. ... If you pass two parameters it will encrypt the first using the second ... $ EndIf ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Beginners Algorithm
    ... > For fun I decided to whip up an encryption algorithm using Java. ... > character map technique so I could choose the valid input/output characters. ... > characters in the encrypted string ... If you want to encrypt in Java, implement any of the five AES finalists. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: text encryption but with some requirememnts
    ... |> "binary data can't be reliably stored in a string." ... explained, those are DBCS languages. ... characters, by combining signal bytes with character bytes. ... won't you need to encrypt by byte? ...
  • Re: Char and CPhar
    ... Basically I want to decrypt and encrypt a text string. ... > constructed pointer that points 16 characters into S? ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Exception while using Triple des algorithm
    ... I have found code to encrypt / decrypt. ... When I read in a string which is 24 ... having same number of characters as that of the original string? ...