Setting the permissions on certificates

Hey, is there are way to set the permissions on the certificate when
it's been added to the Windows certificate repository? I'm currently
using the 'X509Store' class to add certificates to the repository
using the flag options to persist the private key but I'd like to be
able to add them to the 'LocalComputer' store and give ASP.NET
permissions to access the privte key, similar to how the WSE 3.0
certificate tool works. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Markus

  • Re: X.509 Unwrap Woes
    ... You need to give read permissions over the private keys to ASP.NET. ... You can give those permissions using the Certificate tool provided by WSE or ... unwrap a symmetric key using the private key of an X.509 certificate. ...
  • Strange Windows 2000 / 2003 behavior found with ASPNET permissions?!?
    ... private key in the local machine store. ... We failed accessing the private key of the certificate and as we tried ... After that we added the permissions to the ASPNET account the ...
  • Strange Windows 2000 / 2003 behavior found with ASPNET permissions on MachineKeys folders?!?
    ... private key in the local machine store. ... We failed accessing the private key of the certificate and as we tried ... After that we added the permissions to the ASPNET account the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cant decrypt w/admin acct
    ... >>First off you need to rule out a permissions problem. ... >>Run mmc and select the certificate snapin for user and go ... >>used to decrypt the files. ... The certificate is a "key pair" in that the certificate is used to encrypt the files ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Windows 2003 - Child domain cannot request certificate from root domain
    ... It sounds like you have replication problems ... permissions on the certificate template you want to use. ...