Re: Remove Downloaded updates before install?

These updates were down loaded but not yet installed, and I have been trying
to delete them before install! However, I can't find a way to do that!

Log on with Administrator privileges and backup the folder:

%systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download

From a command prompt:

Net stop "Automatic Updates"
rd /q /s %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download
md %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Net start "Automatic Updates"

Then, open the Automatic Update control panel and turn off the
automatic updates. Remember to still run manual updates on a monthly
basis.

I believe that the critical security updates that Microsoft is downloading
into my P.C. are the problem! (and not the cure they are touting them as!)

The cure is for a very specific symptom, as detailed in the security
bulletin. Microsoft tests these patches as best as they can, but they
cannot test them under every possible circumstance. Corporations and
developers (especially developers) must retest these in their own
environment to see how they may impact their own applications.

Microsoft has a good track record, at least in my environment. About 1
in 10 criticial updates impact my dev or production environments.
Usually, this impact is nominal and a workaround is available. I wager
that will be the case with your Flash 9 and .Net issue.

Regards,

J Wolfgang Goerlich

.