RE: ADAM with ASP.net 2.0 RoleManager

I had a similar problem - worked fine when viewed using built-in web server
with VS2005 but not thru IIS (Error : The system cannot find the file
specified).

Turned out to be a permissions problem. Following the instructions meant
that my local account had admin rights to the ADAM instance but ASPNET had
none (even though ASPNET had admin rights to the AzMan store within ADAM).
Fixed using ldp tool to add necessary Security Descriptor to the ADAM
partition.
1) ldp from ADAM command prompt c:\WINDOWS\ADAM\ldp
2) Connect localhost
3) Bind (as currently logged on user)
4) View tree (OU=SecNetPartition,O=SecNet,C=US)
5) Right click Advanced > Security descriptor
Dn:OU=SecNetPartition,O=SecNet,C=US
6) Click in DACL list, click "Add ACE"
7) Trustee: machinename\ASPNET user (Read property, List, List object, Read
permissions)
8) OK, Update
That's the long (secure) way round if you've followed the instructions in
the article.
Short way is when you are creating the ADAM instance at Step 1. (12) of the
article (ADAM Administrators), to specify a group that includes the ASPNET
account eg Users rather than the Administrators group.

"Jaz" wrote:

I got answers
Error : The system cannot find the file specified
Verify you have the Correct ldap Queury
Error: Parameter InCorrect
Verify the AppGroup Exists
Error: Insufficient Priveleges
Verify User has acess to write to the Application ex you can Add
Authenticated Users to Delegate User Group

Hope this helps to someone

  • Re: Cant get the find statement to work correctly
    ... I think you might need to specify an address range. ... If c = "Adam" Then ... being pasted in the cells even if the file does not contain the text. ... rnum = rnum + SourceRcount ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Classic 2 1/4 Pound Diet Got Peary to the Pole
    ... > to flee the full instructions of our Lord often seek word play to hide ... > scripture all my life, ... Those who are reborn in Christ no longer have Adam as their father. ... Servant to the humblest person in the universe, ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Classic 2 1/4 Pound Diet Got Peary to the Pole
    ... > to flee the full instructions of our Lord often seek word play to hide ... > scripture all my life, ... Those who are reborn in Christ no longer have Adam as their father. ... Servant to the humblest person in the universe, ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: ADAM Synchronizer Beta - question
    ... that looks like you do not have sufficient permissions on the ADAM instance. ... Edit the config.xml and in it specify the AD account that has permissions ... Run ADAMSync /install using that config.xml as an ADAM Administrator ...
  • Re: Enumerate User Attributes
    ... I don't have the equipment and/or knowledge to duplicate ... I feel I have come such a long way with ADAM ... > You can use rootDSE to bind to a few things, ... > don't specify an OU it will return results for all users of the domain: ...