Access Private Key File From X509 Certificate

Hello-

I have a web service that uses a certificate to call another web
service. When we install this web service on a new machine we often
get an error message stating the machine does not have access to the
Private Key. To remedy this situation I am writing a small utility to
ensure the private key has appropriate rights. However, I am finding
it difficult to retrieve the private key file based on an X509
Certificate in C#.

Does anyone know if it is possible, given an X509Certificate object to
find the windows file location of the private key corresponding to that
certificate, in C#?

Thanks!

Drew

  • X509 Certificate - Private Key is not available
    ... The error is being logged by WSE 2.0 on the server side. ... 2003 Certificate Server: ... to the private key file. ... Run a test where a web service request is signed and encrypted using the ...
  • Re: WSE 3.0 - Correct placement/setting/permission for x509 certificates
    ... Unable to unwrap a symmetric key using the private key of an X.509 ... read the private key of certificate with subject name ... With this configuration the console app can call the web service and it ... I've gone to the registry and giving permission to ASPNET, Local Service, ...
  • Re: Access Private Key File From X509 Certificate
    ... If you have source code ... I have a web service that uses a certificate to call another web ... to ensure the private key has appropriate rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Access Private Key File From X509 Certificate
    ... i also have source code that does the same programmatically...i can make the source available when needed. ... I have a web service that uses a certificate to call another web ... ensure the private key has appropriate rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Private key not available for X.509 certificate under W2000
    ... The exception below suggests that the correct certificate was found, ... The private key is used to very the signature. ... > I am having difficulty running a WSE 2.0 enabled Web Service under Windows ...