Dotnet 2.0 PCKS CheckSignature Error

Hello,

I am extracting a pkcs7-signature part from a s/mime message. When I
verifiy the signature I get a CryptographicException "The hash value is
not correct" .

I am using CheckSignature(true), therefore it should verify signature
only and not worry about the certificates.

This message was generated from webmethods by our customer.
Any idea where the problem could be.

I have checked the following.
The decoded object has 3 certificates in the chain.
It has 1 signerinfo object
However the SignedCms.ContetInfo has a content of zero bytes.

I am leaning to this as the issue. But what could cause the content to
be zero. The sender of this message has successfully sent this type of
messages to others. I am assuming the input s/mime data to be correct.

Could there be any issues decoding WebMethods generated PCKS #7 object
in dot net 2.0?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

- Vijay

  • Re: All X0D lost during reading line sequential file using microfocus se
    ... My work goes out over my signature. ... I chose the example of plumber and electrician carefully, ... answer is always zero. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: CallBack JNI help
    ... > getting is zero: ... it means that the name or the signature ... GetStaticMethodIDto find a static method, ... To call a non-static method, you need to pass an object (not its ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Outlook 2003 Changing default paragraph spacing (Word as editor)
    ... Okay, I've seen *almost* this same question asked a thousand times, but none ... paragraph spacing is set to 0 (zero), ... enable a signature the default paragraph spacing is set to 6. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: air conditioning may be making us fat
    ... communicate in English to zero, I'll remove one line of my signature and ... travel only to French-speaking countries ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: SMIME reader/viewer
    ... Post a sample (preferably url in txt format) of a specific S/MIME message ... > CryptSignMessage create a signature to be a signature of an security mime? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)