HOW TO HIDE A CONNECTION STRING

I have an executable project that uses a SqlConnection. Its Connection
String must be retrieved from another project (a Class Library project), so
I'm trying to hide a connection string in the code of the Class Library
Project.

I declared the Connection String as a Project's property, so it isn't shown
in the C# code. But, when a use a decompiler (Remotesoft .NET Explorer), the
connection string is shown. Another approach I used was to store the
connection string in a Class Project Library app.config file. Since this
project isn't an executable project, it doesn't read attributes from the
app.config file.

Any ideas???

  • Re: ADO connections question
    ... Function CreateADOObjects(ConnectionString as string) ... you'll see this error if the connection has not been ... I have a specific login form that calls the dbLogin function as shown ... Dim strCriteria As String ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Connection string information
    ... I just decompiled the SQLConnection class. ... > private string _password; ... If an element exists within the connection string it parses it, ...
  • Re: Close not closing...
    ... string connectionString; ... // create a new SqlConnection object with the appropriate ... connection string SqlConnection sqlConn = new ... If I hit the script button first, ...
  • Re: Nochmals Treeview
    ... private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { ... private void TabelleAnlegen(string strDBPfad, string strDB, string strTabellenName){ ... OleDbConnection connection = new OleDbConnection; ... OleDbCommand command = new OleDbCommand; ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)
  • Re: Connection string information
    ... I just decompiled the SQLConnection class. ... private string _password; ... inherited from DBConnectionString but my decompiler was not good enough to ... If an element exists within the connection string it parses it, ...