Geolocation Testing

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project that determines the geographical
location of a request to our servers. I'm not sure exactly how it
works as the geolocation functionality is coming from a package that
we're integrating with our website. (The package actually does much
more than just give back geographical locations, but that's irrelevant)

Because of the nature of this project (this is for a financial
institution), we need to test out the package before we begin
integrating it to ensure that it's giving us the right data.

Now, it seems that the obvious course of action would be to find
willing employees who could "hit" the servers and then ensure that the
data is coming back correctly, but this presents a few problems:
- The sample size of the test will be limited to however many
participants we have.
- The majority of the participants reside in the same geographic area.
- The testing servers that this code would be sitting on are behind a
corporate intranet, and so IT would have to get involved to do some
routing magic.

So now the question: Do any of you know of any good software packages
or methods to spoof the location of an incoming request or have any of
you had to test something like this? Any hints on a workable approach?

Thanks and regards.
Andy

  • Re: Geolocation Testing
    ... Well, let me ask you this, Peter: If I was to go out to some random ... that when your request comes in, the only piece of information available to ... spoof http requests to the current geolocation package that we have to ... location of a request to our servers. ...
  • Re: Geolocation Testing
    ... spoof http requests to the current geolocation package that we have to ... "Hey, I just got a request from someone in Vegas", and then continue on ... location of a request to our servers. ...
  • Geolocation Testing
    ... location of a request to our servers. ... (The package actually does much ... The majority of the participants reside in the same geographic area. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.csharp.general)
  • Geolocation Testing
    ... location of a request to our servers. ... (The package actually does much ... The majority of the participants reside in the same geographic area. ...
  • Geolocation Testing
    ... location of a request to our servers. ... (The package actually does much ... The majority of the participants reside in the same geographic area. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)