Re: Encrypt elements in XML file

maybe this article helps:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/11/XMLSignatures/

Hi,

I'd like to be able to encrypt certain elements of an xml file which i
use in one of my applications. I found the following link of the msdn
website which looks exactly like what i want to do however i'm getting
problems:

The link suggests that this method is used by apps wanting to store
encrypted data between the times that it runs.
The encrypt part works really well, the problems start when i try to
implement the decrypt code provided via the link at the foot of the
page. I
always get the exception error "unable to retrieve decryption key".
Has anyone used this code and could give me any ideas as to what i'm
doing wrong. I wondered if it was to do with creating a new
RSACryptoProvider when the program is started which does not match
with the first running of the application (although thats me clutching
at straws :) ).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Grant

  • Polar Crypto Component 2.5
    ... Polar Crypto Component gives your Windows applications the ... enhancing their security and performance. ... Polar Crypto is a DLL/COM component which can be implemented whenever ... -encrypt files, strings, buffers ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: Itanium lap tops are needed now!
    ... I've dealt with a company that used to use Citrix for some HIPAA ... These applications aren't web pages they are applications. ... > an explicit connection from the desktop to the Citrix server (which is ... if you are really that paranoid, run SSH and encrypt all your X traffic. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Need help decrypting
    ... so if it really is a password that is stored in an xml file and I ... encrypt that password file and store that result, ... > a string, you MUST use the same encoding you used to create the original ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Storing encrypted password in xml file
    ... Convert.ToBase64Stringmethod with your binary array) you should be able ... to put it in a well formed XML file. ... > I have used the RC2CryptoServiceProvider class, but when i convert the> encrypted byte array to a string to store in my xml file, itcontains some illegal characters which are not allowed in an xml> file. ... > Anyone have any ideas of how to encrypt the password and still be able to> store it in the xml file. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Web.config or App.config Security
    ... Thanks Alek for your response. ... tag in the .config file. ... it has to be decrypted and then encrypt it again. ... > applications must be able to read config settings). ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)