Re: WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Token cannot be used when remoting?

regardless of the version - you cannot transfer tokens across the network - they only have a meaning in the machine where they were created.

In addition this would mean that you extend the trusted subsystem to the client, which defeats the purpose of network authentication.

Hi,
I want to be able to retrieve user information on the server of my
remoting
app... What I did is the following : I called
System.Security.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Token and sent it to the
server
(via remoting). When I try to recreate the WindowsIdentity using the
Token
server-side, it tells me the Token is invalid even if the server app
is on
the same computer (same windows, same all) than the client app.
Is there a way I can do what I need to do? I mean, be able to retrieve
the user infos (groups) using something I can send through network?
(ideally encrypted)

I've also seen in the same object, the property .User (that contains
the User SID on the NT Network). Is there something to do with this
value so I can retrieve the user it belongs to and get the groups (or
roles) it's in?

thanks

ThunderMusic

  • Re: SharePoint Services
    ... IT does not support our Access app explicitly as the app is considered ... The app is a 'split' mde with only the BE sitting on the network ... server will work to speed up the app. ... As I stated moving the backend data to SQL server will usually slow it ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Sources for Extranet Designs?
    ... network guys work the network, the app guys work the app and no where do ... other databases on that server" that is where I think the app guys have to ... Hardening Network Infrastructure - A concise how to guide ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Invalid Seek Offset continued...
    ... Well shifting to MS SQL will be a very very big step. ... > As Aashish mentioned, network cards drivers may be causing this problem, I ... > also see this error a lot at one customer where the server RAID Controller ... >>> We are deploying a VFP8 app to several beta sites to replace an FPW ...
  • Re: .NET new executable
    ... Since there is no network access avaialble, I want to send my app to each ... then you update the data into database. ... I do not have access to a web server, that is why I want a Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Using Native VFP Tables and Network Performance
    ... passing data and indexes across a network is not a good thing. ... client-server model, but it does require sufficient resources on the server ... Or you could use VFP in a distributed computing model ... The best results are found in a thin client app because ...